The foundation for sustainable business growth
“What you don’t know can’t hurt you."
- People who make bad decisions
Knowing how to grow your business is hard, and making changes to your business website can be downright terrifying. How do you know you’re doing the right thing? How can you be sure a change won’t bring you doom and gloom and gnashing of teeth?
- Do you go with the newest trends and best practices?
- Do you just guess and hope for the best?
- Or do you measure what is and what isn’t making you money?
There should be a better way. You should be able to know that you aren’t wasting your time, energy, and budget when you optimize your store site. You should know where your best results come from and what is holding you back from the higher sales and profitability that you want.
How can you know, for sure, the right things to do?
If you are driving a decent amount of traffic, your website is already a goldmine of data that can fuel growth. What’s working, what’s not, and where you need to focus your attention. This kind of information is waiting for you to collect and use it anytime.
When you put powerful tools like Google Analytics to work measuring and collecting data, every visitor makes your business stronger, whether they buy from you or not. Their actions tell you exactly what you need to know in order to make better decisions in your design, marketing, and conversion work.
When you collect that data and turn it into actionable insight, you win. You know exactly where the conversion killers are, and where you should focus your efforts to get more profit from your site.
How can analytics make you more money?
No matter how great your store looks or how much you know about the best practices of marketing, site design, and conversion rate, you never know for sure what else you might be missing until you see the inside information that comes from your site and how users behave when they use it.
- See what pages cause people to leave without buying
- Sniff out the cause of your cart abandonment
- Find technical problems that prevent people from buying
These kinds of small issues can cause even the best stores to lose out on thousands in revenue monthly. Just a few can add up to mountains of missed revenue. And it’s not even your fault, because you can’t fix problems you don’t know about!
After you find and eliminate the not-so-obvious problems, you can use the same information to continually build a better site that is more effective at selling than ever before.
So why aren’t you already using this goldmine? Why isn’t everyone?
It seems like everyone who sells anything through a website would be using this information to maximize the ROI of everything they do. So why don’t they?
Because installing and configuring Google Analytics is a nightmare. It’s free, and it’s comprehensive, but it is NOT easy to use. Installing the tracking code on your website is often the easiest part of the process. After that, you still have to tell GA what to look for:
- Set goals
- Create conversion funnels
- Set monetary values
- Collect site searches
- Create trackable campaigns
- Analyze traffic sources
So instead of using it, far too many online stores leave money on the table instead of collecting the data that could help them grow.
Think about that for a second: Most businesses are leaving invaluable data out of their decision-making processes because it is hard to collect and use it.
That means that when you put this data to use for your business, you put yourself miles ahead of your competitors who just guess and hope.
Growth Groundwork is a done-for-you solution to start collecting and using your analytics goldmine.
First, we’ll make sure that you are collecting the data you need. That starts with the tracking code snippet on your website. We’ll make sure that GA is getting the data it needs, and install another tracking snippet to generate heatmaps, so that we know exactly what users are doing on your site.
Next, we’ll configure your goals, define your conversion funnels, and generally handle all the horror of making GA collect useful data. At this point, you will already have gotten enough value to pay for the service, because now your analytics are working and usable and you didn’t have to touch it.
I can’t stress enough how much value you get just by collecting the right data.
After this, we let your analytics collect information. How long depends on how much traffic you’re getting, generally 2-6 weeks. During this time, I’ll also evaluate your site from the outside, viewing it as a customer to find potential conversion killers lurking among your pages. We’ll also arrange a quick email survey of your customers to get inside their minds and pull out some valuable information.
Once we’ve collected enough data, you’ll get a report filled with insights into your site, your visitor behavior, and changes you can safely make today to start growing your revenue.
While I’m peeking inside your site’s analytics, I’ll also look at what else you could do to increase your revenue. Email marketing, on-site communication, anything you might do to improve your revenue without paying for more traffic is fair game. I’ll create a report on what you could be doing and automating that will add to your buyer’s experience and your bottom line.
- A working, fully configured Google Analytics and HotJar installation
- A report on your analytics data and site evaluation, detailing what you should do to push your conversions higher
- Usability and technical problems
- Mobile friendliness
- Ineffective sales copy
- Design choices that are hurting conversion
- User behavior trends and what they mean for your business
- Marketing effectiveness and traffic source quality
- Causes of specific problems you’ve identified
- Custom reports that help you easily find the most valuable data inside your analytics dashboard
- A guide to turn your analytics insights into a plan of action
- A plan to address what else you can do to grow your store’s revenue now that you can measure the results of everything you do concerning your website
When you receive your report, you don’t just get numbers screenshotted and pasted into a PDF. You get actionable advice about how you can make your website better at selling, starting the moment you finish reading.
Start building the foundation of your stronger business today.
If you are looking for someone to help you grow your business that will care as much as you do about your success, you have found me. Growth Groundwork requires an investment of $2,250. Compare that to the price of doing nothing, which could dwarf that number, or making changes with no way to measure your effect, which could kill your business. I don't want that. You don’t either.
Who is this for?
- Online stores and eCommerce focused services who want to make their site better at converting visitors into customers.
- Businesses who have enough traffic to make this worthwhile. 8,000 monthly visits are a good starting point. If you have a smaller amount of traffic and transactions, talk to me about a Conversion-Focused Video Teardown or improving your traffic quality through marketing strategy.
- Businesses who believe that it is better to know what problems exist and how to make things better.
Who is this not for?
- Any business who will not use the data and the insights it provides to improve their website, their marketing, or their overall revenue generation efforts. If you want to base your site design and marketing strategy on guesswork or hunches, this would be a waste of your time and money.
- Large companies with established conversion rate optimization practices or in-house employees. Hopefully, they are doing this for you already.
- Companies who either do not have or cannot afford designer or developer help. Whether they are in-house or freelance, you will need someone to help you put changes into place. If you need help finding someone who can do this well, I will help you.
What happens when you press the apply button?
You will be taken to a form to answer some questions about your business. Once I receive your answers, I will email you and we will arrange a call. This is to make sure that I will be able to help you.
At that point, if we decide that we are a good fit to work together and that I can offer you value, you will be able to pay me to start our work together. You are committed to nothing until then. Once you pay me we will set a start date, you give me access to Google Analytics and other needed accounts, and we’ll get started toward more sales and success for your business.
What if this doesn’t work out?
If for some reason you put my insight and suggestions into place and you don’t feel like you got what you paid for, I will refund 100% of your purchase. Just like you, I enjoy getting paid, but I don’t want anyone to feel that they have not gotten their money's worth from our work together.
What else could you do?
- You can do this yourself. There are mountains of content available to guide you through the process of configuring Google Analytics and analyzing the data it gives you. It will be very time-consuming and require a considerable amount of new things to learn.
- Hire someone else to set up your analytics. Someone from Upwork or Fivver would do some of this for you. I don’t know how completely they’ll configure your analytics or what they’ll tell you how to use your data. But you will theoretically have analytics.
- Do nothing. Keep things as they are, keep making decisions without validating data, and hope for the best. That works sometimes. Some businesses get tiny wins from guesswork. A lot fewer get the occasional big win. It could happen to you.
- Hire a large agency. The closest thing that ConversionXL offers to this service costs $15,000
Do you want to know more?
Great! You can find many ways to contact me here. Feel free to ask any questions you have.